Born in 1925. Studied at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Copenhagen,
the Architectural Association, London, and the MIT School of Architecture
in Boston. Worked at Grassold & Johnsson Architects in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
in 1952; at the office of professor and architect Arne Jakobsen from 1952
to 1953; and at the office of architect Jørn Utzon in 1958. From
1956 to 1959, had a private practice in collaboration with Brüel,
Bornebusch & Selchau. In 1959 began his own practice, Henning Larsens
Tegnestue A/S. Has taught at a number of schools of architecture including
the Royal Academy of Fine Arts School of Architecture, Copenhagen (from
1958 to 1996), Yale University (1964), Princeton University (1965), Aarhus
School of Architecture, Denmark (1966), and the School of Architecture
at Trondheim, Norway (1967).
Portrait by Rigmor Mydtskov.